The AmeriSpeak Advantage
AmeriSpeak is distinctive on three key indicators of survey quality:
The AmeriSpeak Panel is representative of the entire U.S. population because it leverages the NORC National Frame, the industry leader in sample coverage. The National Frame uses area probability sampling and includes additional coverage of hard-to-survey population segments such as rural and low-income households that are underrepresented in surveys relying on address-based sampling.
AAPOR Response Rate
Rigorous panel recruitment enables AmeriSpeak surveys to elicit a higher American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) response rate than surveys conducted on any other probability-based survey panel. To enhance the representativeness and response rate of the panel, the AmeriSpeak recruitment protocol includes the use of NORC field interviewers for face-to-face recruitment.
NORC Card: Sample Quality Report
Through the NORC Card, AmeriSpeak delivers a quantitative measurement of sample quality for clients, providing an objective measure of sample representation. The NORC Card documents a number of measures of sample quality, including:
- American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) response rate
- Representativeness of the interviewed sample compared to population benchmarks
- Quantitative assessment of self-selection bias, taking into account each sampling stage (initial panel recruitment, panel retention, and custom survey)
- Custom bias measurements specific to the survey topic (consumer, health services, medical conditions, social attitudes, political behavior, etc.)
- Other measures: design effect, sampling margin of error, interview survey length, interview break-off rate, etc.